Sharing some ideas from a Tucson native on what to do, the most effective eating places, and the place to remain on this wonderful lil metropolis.
Hello buddies! Hope you’re having a stunning morning. We’re having a tremendous Beautycounter promo proper now: order any routine or assortment and get a free full-sized product! Details are here. You know the way a lot I love Countertime! If you happen to didn’t get this week’s protected skincare publication and place an order, electronic mail me and I’ll let about one thing particular I’m doing for shoppers proper now. To hitch the protected skincare publication, click here!
For at present’s publish, I’m sharing a few of my favourite issues about Tucson! Whereas I completely perceive that Tucson isn’t the must-see vacation spot of the US, it’s a actually distinctive spot with unimaginable native eating places and beautiful surroundings. There aren’t many locations prefer it, and whereas I’m biased since I used to be born right here, I’ve grown extra keen on Tucson as I’ve gotten older. (For instance, in highschool I used to be like, “GET ME OUTTA HERE” after which once I lastly moved distant, I couldn’t wait to ultimately come again.)
Currently, I’ve been inundated with requests on the place to eat and the place to remain right here on the town. We’re on the finish of winter and hitting a few of our most attractive climate, so it is smart that so many individuals plan on early springtime journeys.
Listed below are a few of my high options for what to do in T-town!
What to do, see, eat, and the place to remain in Tucson
What to do in Tucson for a day
1) Get up and seize a espresso at Ren espresso in St. Phillip’s plaza. They’ve unimaginable drink and snack choices – I like their housemade vegan protein bars. If you happen to’re fortunate, it will likely be over the weekend and you’ll discover the farmer’s market and get a crepe from Planet of the Crepes for breakfast.
2) Head as much as La Encantada for some outside buying (they’ve an anthropologie, lululemon, kate spade, Athleta, and Pottery Barn) and a craft at Artistic Variety. They’ve drop-in crafts that you’ve do, together with indigo tie dye, wall macrame hangings, watercolors, and wreaths. That is the proper spot to hang around with a good friend and make a little bit memento with a Tucson twist.
3) Drive down Campbell and luxuriate in brunch at the most effective spot: Prep & Pastry. Every part on the menu is nice and you’ll select when you’d like one thing a little bit lighter, like their avocado toast or candy breakfast bowl, or one thing extra indulgent, just like the biscuits and gravy or French toast (adjustments every day). It doesn’t matter what you do: order one or two of their recent pastries to share.
4) Head again to the resort for some downtime on the pool, or all the way down to College, 4th Ave, or the MSA Annex to discover the outlets.
5) Late afternoon, get pleasure from a stroll at Sabino Canyon, which is likely one of the most picturesque hikes in Tucson. You too can trip on the eco-friendly tram that makes stops alongside the primary path. (The whole distance up and again is 7.Four miles.)
6) Dinner at Cafe Poca Cosa, adopted by drinks and music on the patio at Lodge Congress or on the rooftop bar at Playground. Cafe Poca Cosa remains to be my favourite dinner spot for out-of-town visitors. The menu adjustments twice every day, primarily based on what’s recent on the market and servers carry round an infinite chalkboard with the menu choices. I like to recommend the Plato Poca Cosa, which is chef’s selection, and if everybody on the desk orders the plato, they’ll all be totally different!
Favourite taco spots in Tucson
– Boca Tacos. These are our favourite tacos in Tucson! They’ve so many unimaginable taste choices, a guacamole flight (!), nice margaritas, and chips that arrive sizzling out of the bag. Simply do it.
– Calle Tepa. That is an superior spot that we go to virtually weekly for informal road Mexican meals. The service is insanely quick and the nice is at all times good. This can be a good spot to take the youngsters!
– Blanco Tacos. Blanco is situated in La Encantada (our most high-end buying heart), surrounded by outlets, different eating places (we additionally love North and Ra) and lovely metropolis views. They’ve the BEST rice.. it’s creamy, buttery perfection.
Wholesome eating places in Tucson
Tucson has so many extremely native eating places with wholesome choices. You may go just about wherever and discover one thing that can sound good to you. (For instance, you possibly can go to Prep & Pastry and get the most effective pancakes of your life, or a candy potato hash with eggs. You do you!) For this part, I’m specializing in the most effective eating places that concentrate on health-centered meals. What I imply by this: they’re plant-based, supply native and natural incredibles, supply vegan and gluten-free choices, and can make you allow utterly full, however nonetheless feeling energized.
Goodness is considered one of my favourite lunch spots in Tucson. They’ve smoothies, bowls, recent juices, kombucha, it’s superior.
Charro Vida is likely one of the newer spots that I like. They’ve a ton of vegan and gluten-free menu choices, together with gluten-free chocolate churros!
Renee’s Natural Oven:
I’ve cherished Renee’s Natural Oven for a very long time. They use quite a lot of natural and native elements, have wonderful pasta and pizza dishes, nice wine, and fab desserts.
That is the most effective sandwich spot in Tucson, hand’s down. The sandwiches aren’t gluten-free, however they’ve salad and soup choices. The entire bread is made in home and it’s amaaaazing.
I really haven’t been right here but however everybody RAVES about it! It’s Mexican meals with numerous wholesome choices. Perhaps we’ll lastly head down there this weekend.
That is a wholly vegan restaurant with numerous gluten-free picks. Considered one of my buddies from highschool is their pastry chef and makes the entire ridiculous creations within the dessert case every day, together with totally different brownies, truffles, pastries, and pop tarts (AHHHHH). My fave is the falafel, greek salad, and gf pita bread.
Saffron Indian restaurant:
Saffron is our favourite Indian restaurant on the town – they catered my bday celebration! – they usually have a lunch buffet, too.
Guilin Chinese language Restaurant:
This can be a wholesome Chinese language restaurant that Kyle goes to usually. (if Kyle likes it, it’s good!)
The place to remain in Tucson
– Loew’s Ventana Canyon: That is the resort I like to recommend probably the most actually because it’s good, they’ve an excellent pool, it’s excellent for households (they’ve a playground and a koi pond the place you possibly can feed the fish, plus a small path that results in a man-made waterfall), and their Sunday brunch is LEGENDARY. It’s additionally in an excellent location. It’s protected and quiet whereas being about 20-25 minutes away from hottest areas and locations.
– Hacienda del Sol. Hacienda is a quieter resort, nestled within the Catalina Foothills. They’ve a courtyard with twinkling lights, a wonderful restaurant on website, and can also be in a fascinating location.
– Miraval. Miraval is a world-renowned well being resort, that includes on recent and wholesome delicacies, spa providers, health courses, actions and coverings centered on well-being. It’s all-inclusive (so meals and plenty of actions are included, plus you obtain spa credit score) so it’s positively price a visit when you plan to remain on property, Zen out, and life your finest spa life. Take a look at my review of Miraval here!
– Arizona Inn. This can be a historic boutique resort in central Tucson. It’s nearer to the college and downtown eating and buying choices.
– Tanque Verde Visitor Ranch. That is one other nice selection when you convey the kiddos! The rooms are a little bit bit older, however they’ve superior Southwestern casitas (see our review here!) and their Sunday cowboy cookout is wonderful. We’ll usually go for dinner when the climate is heat to benefit from the meals, prickly pear margaritas, and dwell music. Additionally they have an excellent pool, horseback using classes and camp for the youngsters, fishing, and actions.
Honorable point out: The Ritz-Carlton at Dove Mountain. It’s a Ritz, it’s in a beautiful location, however a reasonably far hop on the freeway from most enjoyable issues in Tucson. I’d keep there when you don’t thoughts driving backwards and forwards or when you simply plan on dwelling the resort life when you’re right here.
Honorable point out: Lodge McCoy. We haven’t visited this one but, however I’ve heard so many optimistic evaluations! It’s an artwork boutique resort.
What to do in downtown Tucson
Some bars to take a look at:
– Sky Bar- solar-powered cafe, astronomy bar at night time
– Downtown Kitchen & Cocktails- love the vibe right here!
– Scott & Co – a small speakeasy for a low-key vibe (although it’s packed on the weekends)
– Highwire Lounge- this can be a nice people-watching spot on the patio
– Cobra Arcade Bar- they’ve game-themed cocktail and old-school arcade video games
Date night time choices in Tucson
– Commoner & Co. – I’ve been raving about Commoner for years and it’s nonetheless our go-to date night time spot. Simply go and take a look at it – be sure to get reservations first
– The Flying V – Their tableside guacamole is our favourite. Their meals was simply meh final time we went, however I’d positively go for guacamole, chips, drinks and dessert
– Tito and Pep – their cocktails are unimaginable they usually have add a Mexican aptitude to bistro delicacies
* The Coronet – haven’t checked this out but however Kyle stated it’s wonderful
– Charro del Rey – the desk aspect Caesar salad is SO good they usually even have oysters (a uncommon discover in Tucson)
– The Grill at Hacienda del Sol – an excellent date night time spot they usually usually have dwell music on the weekends
– Gaslight Theatre – our native melodrama theatre, the place you possibly can “boo” on the dangerous guys, cheer for the heroes, and luxuriate in diner meals whereas watching a dwell present. Undoubtedly convey the youngsters alongside for this one
– Laff’s Comedy Membership – that is our native comedy membership the place you possibly can see native and nationwide acts. Additionally they have a bar + appetizers
– High Golf – we’ve lately grow to be big High Golf followers, which is humorous since we’re not actual golfers. The meals is nice and it’s enjoyable to have a pleasant competitors (and quote Blissful Gilmore your entire time).
I feel that’s it!
Are you planning any little journeys or holidays quickly? What’s the #1 factor you suggest to individuals once they go to your hometown?
I’ll share a publish quickly with kid-friendly eating concepts and household actions!